Question Submit

Monday, August 08, 2005

Trouble Emailing Invoices.

Question:

I wonder if you can help me. Twice a month I need to e-mail my invoices via QuickBooks Basic 2004. Sometimes the invoices go right out without a problem. Usually, however, I encounter various error messages and most often the whole QuickBooks program gets kicked off and shut down before it even connects to the QuickBooks server. I have to try over and over and over to get my invoices to go out. Eventually, I'll get them out, but it is really a time-consuming chore to I worry the entire time that I'm not going to get the invoices out.

Do you know of any other way to attach an invoice in QuickBooks to an e-mail I can just send via my Comcast account? I read somewhere that someone uses WinFax to send their invoices, but I don't know how to get WinFax listed in my list of printer choices (apparently this is how WinFax opens to send the invoice by e-mail from within WinFax.).

Any suggestions are very much appreciated. This has been going on for a very long time and causes me a lot of stress anytime I get ready to send invoices!

Thank you!

Answer:

It sounds like their may be a problem other than QuickBooks here. QuickBooks should not shutdown while trying to email invoices...it may be conflicting with another program.

In any case, it is possible to email invoices outside of QuickBooks. I am not familiar with WinFax, but I have used efax.com...and it shows up as a printer in QuickBooks after I installed it.

If you have Adobe Acrobat (Not Acrobat Reader) it will allow you to print to a PDF file which can be emailed and read by the recipient via Acrobat Reader. I know Acrobat can be a bit pricey, but it really can do a lot. Other programs also include a print driver that will convert your invoices to PDF.

No comments: