Question Submit

Monday, August 08, 2005

Printing Memos on Check Vouchers.

Question:

I’m using QB pro 2005 and printing voucher checks for bill paying. I fill in the memo field, not the one on the picture of the check but the lines below in the register portion after the account and amount. When my checks print the memo information does not print. Is there a way to do this? I cannot find one.

Thanks for your help,

Answer:

As I understand it, the memo that is on the face of the check is the only one that will print on the check or the voucher. The memo section in the account split section is purely for your (and your accountants) information. This allows you to put your account number in the memo section (like you would on a bill payment), but still allows you to put more detailed explanations that you might not want on the face of the check.

No comments: