Question Submit

Friday, August 12, 2005

Help Needed.

Question:

Hello, I sure hope that someone can help me. I'm using QuickBooks Pro 2001. My problem is that: in my (Item Listing List) I set it up to automatically type a sentence (the body text of an invoice) that corresponds with a certain number in the item field in an invoice. For example: by typing in 01. example text, 02. example text, 03. example text...appears in the DISCRIPTION field. But for some reason, when I type the following numbers (03., 04., 10.,15. and 35.) The next entry automatically does a (double space) and nothing I try allows me to change this to single space. All other numbers single spaces to the next line. I hope that I have explained my problem well enough, and look forward to a quick response. If you are unable to help me, I would deeply appreciate a referral to someone who may be able to help.

Answer:

Without seeing exactly what is happening, it is hard for me to give you a good answer. Here are a few things that I would try.

The first thing that I would do is go into the item setup (Lists - Item List - Edit Item) and compare one of the items that is working the way that you want it to with one that is causing problems. Conventional wisdom would tell you that there must be a difference somewhere.

Also check the descriptions in the setup carefully. Sometimes you can accidentally key an additional Enter (Return) at the end of a sentence. So go to the end of your description and hit the delete key several times.

I hope this helps. Like I said, this may be one of those things that you would need to see to fix. If you still need help, consider finding a QuickBooks ProAdvisor in your area or check with your CPA. Click here to search the ProAdvisor Database.

No comments: