Question Submit

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Entering Vehicle Mileage.

Question:

Hello, I just discovered your site. Hurray!

I began working with Quicken many years ago and upgraded until I am now working with QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Pro 2005. The 2005 version is new to me. I am told that I can enter mileage with this new version. How is that done? Can I find it on the Help icon?

Answer:

In QuickBooks 2005 you can enter vehicle mileage by going to Company -> Enter Vehicle Mileage.

You will need to set up each vehicle you will be using. Click on the drop down box beside where it says “Vehicle” and select “Add New” and fill in the applicable information. On the top of the “Enter Vehicle Mileage” screen make sure that you enter the new standard mileage rate, which for 2005 is 40.5 cents.

Question:

Also I haven't been able to delete a company since I went from Quicken to QuickBooks. There doesn't seem to be a way. I work from my home for various small businesses/nonprofits. Sometimes I get off on the wrong foot entering a new company and just want to delete and start over. Why can't I do that?

Answer:

QuickBooks doesn’t allow you to delete a company from within the program (Thank goodness). If you’re sure you want to get rid of the file for good, just find the company file with Windows Explorer and delete it.

No comments: