Question Submit

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Sorting Customer Lists by Classes

Hope asks:

I am running a customer report and want to filter by class. Class is not an option on the filters section - can I add it? If so how?

Thanks

Answer:

I assume that you are trying to run a customer phone list or a customer contact list, because all of the other “Customer and Receivable” reports have class as an option. This is because class tracking does not apply to customers themselves only to the balances and transactions done by a customer. If you try to edit one of your customers, you will notice that there is no place to enter a class for a particular customer. That being said, there is no way to apply a class filter to the above mentioned reports, because that information is not associated with the customer.

The only way that I can think to filter out certain customers on that report is to go to the customer : Job list (Ctrl + J). Right click on each customer and select edit. On the “Additional Info” tab under “Categorizing and Defaults”, you can add and select a customer type. They could even be the same names as your classes. This field may be filtered on both the above mentioned reports.

I hope you find this helpful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same question. To run some reports by Class. I have many houses in progress. I have an account set up by house for construction. I want to:
(1)Run expense report by house (or customer)I run by Account number.
or:
(2) Run a report for the one house and seperate by types of products. (ie: elec, framing,windows, etc)I would like to use CLASSES for this filtering process. How would I do this? Can I post these transactions by both Account # and Class Code and run by either filter? Thank you,