Question Submit

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bank Account Problem.

Question:

When I go to write a check, the balance does not match the ending balance in my check register for the same account. Where should I look for the discrepancy?


Answer:

My first question is…are you reconciling your bank account monthly? (Banking – Reconcile)

If not you should be. This is the most effective way to ensure that your bank account balance is accurate.

Another thing that you can do is print a Quick Report of the bank account in question. (Reports – Company& Financial – Balance Sheet Standard – Double click bank account and adjust dates to a wide range.) This will allow you to see all the transactions in that account over a period of time, and compare it with your bank statement.

Many times the discrepancy can be attributed to an incorrectly dated check, so I would start there.

No comments: